- Economy to grow at 8.6% in 2010-11 and 9 % in the next fiscal.
- India's forex reserves rose $1.97 bn to $300.63 bn for the week ended February 18.
- The infrastructure sector needs a Rs.41 lakh cr investment in the 12th Plan period.
- Gross Fiscal Deficit stands at 4.8% of GDP, down from 6.3% last year; FY11 revenue gap seen 3.8% of GDP.
- Exports in April-December 2010 up 29.5%; imports up 19%; trade gap narrowed to $82.01bn in Apr-Dec 2010.
- Inflation is expected to be 1.5% higher than what it would be if the economy were not on growth path.
- Finance Minister says that persistently high inflation and soaring crude oil prices in the international markets are the major areas of concern and might adversely affect Indian economy.
- Chief Economic Adviser says that India's growth story in FY12 may be adversely impacted if crude oil prices keep surging.
- Food inflation, higher commodity prices and volatility in global commodity markets cause of concern; to check food inflation, the government should improve delivery mechanisms by strengthening institutions and addressing corruption
Economic Survey 2010-11 Highlights