- FY11 gross traffic receipts seen at Rs 94840 cr while FY12 receipt pegged at Rs 1.06 lakh cr for FY12.
- No hike in passenger fare and freight rates.
- Introduce 56 new express trains, 3 new Shatabdi trains and 9 new Duronto trains.
- Railways provided for the highest-ever plan outlay for FY12 at Rs 57630 cr and annual gross budgetary support at Rs 20000 cr.
- Railway earnings set to top Rs.1 lakh cr mark in FY12.
- To set up single window for public-private partner projects; got 85 proposals for public-private partnership plans.
- Railways is passing through difficult financial phase but expects financial health to revive in FY12.
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation (IRFC) pegged FY11 market borrowing at Rs 8842 cr and plans to borrow Rs.10000 cr via tax-free bonds in FY12.
2011-12 Union Railway Budget Highlights